Wednesday, January 13, 2010

--

i realized today, after reading through old posts,
that i have become so clinical in my posting.

i spew out facts,
and leave out the gritty emotions,
the details of my heart.

they are still there...
and i have yet to determine why i somehow believe that if i don't type them out, they won't be there, that i won't be so vulnerable.

i long for my daughter...
i cannot imagine the devastation i would feel if something fell through again.
it is a joke to believe that i have guarded my heart,
i haven't.

and that is okay.
because i don't know how to do that.

i wouldn't be staying true to myself if i did.
so there you have it.
i am deeply in love with a little girl in ethiopia.
deeply.
completely.
whole heartily.
forever.

1 comment:

Leigh said...

it's so easy to just state the facts without getting into the tough stuff, the emotions of adoption. How can you not be in love with this child you have longed for? I can't imagine going through this process and not already being head over heels for my kids. Your little girl is so loved by you and that is precious for you now and it will be such a blessing for her when she hears her story.