Thursday, July 30, 2009

a shift

there are changes happening
changes in our program,
and changes in my heart.

it has been made increasingly clear that Ethiopia has waiting children.
girls between the ages that we have requested.
medically cleared.
waiting for a family.
their only disadvantage, the only reason they have not yet been adopted,
is because of their age.
the age we want.

so how can we, knowing this, continue in a program, that doesn't have that?
we can't.

we are making the shift,
and now focusing our attention on Ethiopia.
because that is where the need is,
because that is where our daughter is.

this has been a struggle for me.

letting go of the road i chose...
and allowing God to take me down the road HE chose.

it is a lesson in swallowing my pride,
and admitting i don't have all the answers.

but whatever it takes.
i will do, i will be, i will become,
whatever it takes
to bring my daughter home.

because she is there..
waiting.

No comments: