Monday, March 1, 2010

my heart.

later this afternoon, some of my very best friends are boarding a plane to sierra leone, west africa.
i am so proud of these women.
incredible, strong, focused, and real.
their hearts long for the hurting, the widowed, the orphaned, the homeless, the unloved.
i want to be there with them,
to the point that a deep ache has formed inside my chest.
i understand why i cannot go,
i accept it,
i even know it is the right choice.. that these women are the exact people who should be going.
and i should not.
so i have spent much time examining why it hurts so much.
and i think it is because,
my heart is already lives there.

africa.

where my beautiful girl was born,
where she waits for us to bring her home.

i just want to be there,
touch the ground,
smell the air,
love the people... her people.

1 comment:

Natalie, the Chickenblogger said...

I admire your heart, your willing heart. You have opened it to a distant place, to love, and to heartache, to mothering. It is risky and difficult, but you will reap beautiful benefits from your bravery and vision. And your heart will beat stronger than ever.