Thursday, September 11, 2008

In the beginning

How does one paraphrase an awakening that began over eight years ago? How does one go back, and drum up all the emotions and convictions and struggle to get to where we are today?

I have no answer for that. Infact, I don't have many answers at all. What I do have, however, is hope.

Steve and I have decided to adopt from Sierra Leone, West Africa.

I have known we would adopt for many years. It is something I was born to do. As natural to me, as giving birth. As planned, as thought out, and as dreamed about as every other one of my children.

If you know anything about us, you know that we have good friends who have adopted from Sierra Leone. They brought home beautiful two year old twins. The struggle they went through was so great. The tears so numerous. But I never thought for one minute that I wouldn't adopt.

Steve took some convincing, but spending time with our friends, and learning about the little girl who will one day be our daughter, was all it took.

There is so much to share. So many feelings. So hard to put it all down. But hopefully, with time, and time is all we have right now, I will document this for our beautiful sparrow.

No comments: