Saturday, September 13, 2008

--

Is it possible to be living in parallel spaces?
I feel like that is what we are doing.
Like life goes on around us, and we cook, and clean, and wash our cars. We bake, go to church and kiss our kids goodnight, while a part of me is absent.
In a different place.
A completely different world that I know nothing about, being taking care of by people I do not know.
Being kissed goodnight by someone else.
Or not.

Is it possible to live in both of those spaces?
I am finding it so difficult.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

Congratulations Amy!

I completely understand where you're coming from with this post. There was a time this school year when I was on my way to school, just dropped Elizabeth off and I was wondering if I had dressed her warm enough for the day. And I had one of those moments - what about my other little one is anyone worrying about that little one and if they're warm enough, will my other little one be safe today? It's amazing to find that it is possible to care so much for someone you've never met. Like I'm sure you've been many times also I was a sobbing mess trying to get to school and carry on that morning.
Although we're going about finding our next little in two very different but similar ways I get so much of it and I'm hoping that this process is as smooth for your family as possible.
Best Wishes and Congratulations!
Kerry